What is Akshara?
Akshara is a well-researched endeavour to
address the cause of learning, which will
be facilitated essentially through the
child’s own culture. It has been established
with some basic principles:
- Learning in school is an extension of
learning at home.
Learning system progresses from near
to far and from the known to the
- Teachers are there to help the child
discover her/his own self.
- Teachers also learn to rediscover their
- Learning should be more than reading,
writing and counting.
- Learning should also include singing,
speaking, dancing & discovering the
inner as well as outer worlds.
Bi (multi) lingual medium of
Why is Akshara different?
- Well-trained professionals, thinking
parents / researchers as core members.
- Better learning atmosphere.
- Use of innovative methods of learning.
- Informative education.
A sense of aesthetics is inculcated in
a natural environment.
- Active interaction with parents.
A two-way learning process where the
teachers are open to learning.
Members ready to learn and
accommodate novel ideas from parents
- Active participation of the community.
|Funds from AID Australia for one year
are being utilised to develop some
learning facility of 30 economically